Friday, July 24, 2009

Simply Put

I’ve been spending a lot of time lately trying to figure out quite a few things. I’m sure you’ve seen the themes on continuous repeat within the screens of this blog because they seem to always be in my heart and on my mind.

How to work smarter. (because I’ve already mastered the hard-working thing. I’m exhausted and frustrated by my impatience).
How to save more
How to lose weight
How to eat/live a healthier lifestyle
Etc.

The list goes on. And for whatever reason the answer that just now popped into my head is “most of these things can be fixed/answered simply by stopping the bleeding”

Spending money seems to be the root or my current evil. Not the money itself however. That’s not my evil. But depending on it as the only source of survival is evil. I’m probably exaggerating a little bit but think about it in those extremes just for a minute or two. For example, healthier foods like fruits and vegetables are far less expensive than processed, fatty fast foods. If spending money on fast food is no longer an option, we would be forced to make inevitably healthier choices in our daily food intake.


This is not a new thought. It often takes me months or even years to acknowledge certain thoughts though. This is probably one of them. I’ve always been fascinated by the topic of simple living. And I knew that it would be a help in finding a more peaceful life. But I never really looked at it as the “answer” to achieving many of my goals.

I think that I am going about this the wrong way.
I think that instead of trying to work the hell out of life I should be trying to keep more of what I already have.

I think that I should stop spending money. Not because I have to in order to pay the bills. But as a voluntary way to find peace, health, and a fat savings account.

No comments: