Thursday, February 18, 2010

Arise :: FW 2010

Hello,

Life has been happening a lot lately. (That’s what it’s supposed to do right?) But don’t fret… still here. Work, Mellow, Purchasing a first home, the snow… Have all left me feeling a bit sluggish. I’m trying to remind myself that this is a marathon not a sprint. I’m also trying to remind myself that drinking water, taking vitamins, going to the gym (yeck!) will actually make me feel better not worse.


Current Themes running on my mind’s treadmill:

Unconditional Love of others, Self Love, Universal Love - Love is all we need. It heals all wounds and allows a space for growth and acceptance. It is the greatest medicine.

Self Forgiveness - We always hear how wonderfully freeing it is to forgive others and to let things go. But somehow I never got the memo that forgiving myself is also just as powerful.

People are People Too – Expecting to much from any one person is unfair to yourself and to that person. We all fail. The pressure that we put on each other to somehow never hurt us is unrealistic and unfair. I am learning to stop yearning for perfection from my loved ones. I am learning to accept and forgive. Just as I am learning to forgive myself. And I am learning that the greatest reality of all is that God never fails. So it really doesn’t matter if we are failed by people. We still have someone in our corner at all times.

xo,
G

Arise :: FW 2010


P.S. Did I mention that I am SO EXCITED about my new Camera?!
I attended the Arise Fashion Show (Fashion Week 2010) in New York last weekend and took some shots of the city. Click on the picture to view the whole album.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're a gaggle of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your site offered us with valuable information to work on. You've done a formidable
process and our whole neighborhood can be grateful to you.


Also visit my weblog: car quotes online

urdu mein falon ke naam said...

urdu mein falon ke naam